Prairie Food Safety is based in Winnipeg, order MB and is owned and operated by Mr. Doug Barron. Mr. Barron is a scientist and product manager with over 20 years of technical and business experience. His accomplishments range from introducing cutting edge investigative techniques at the University of Manitoba to the management of a $44 million portfolio with a global life science tools company.
In 2009, stemming from a life long interest in food preparation and production, Mr. Barron began tracking the issue of food safety. After consultation with Manitoba food processors and regulators, and with training from The Saskatchewan Food Industry Development Centre, The Guelph Food Technology Centre, and Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives, Prairie Food Safety was created in the spring of 2010.
Prairie Food Safety is an opportunity for Mr. Barron to bring to bear his analytical and business skills to the needs of Manitoba processors and the production of safe and wholesome food.
- HACCP Certificate Program, Saskatchewan Food Industry Development Centre.
- M.Sc. Zoology, The University of Western Ontario.
- B.Sc. Biology, The University of Winnipeg.
Selected Food Safety Training
- Sanitary Design for Food Plants. Presented by the Guelph Food Technology Centre.
- Canadian Grain Commission HACCP (CGC HACCP). Presented by the Canadian Grain Commission.
- Food Allergens Workshop. Presented by The Food Safety Program, Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives.
- GMP, HACCP, and Introduction to Internal Auditing. Presented by The Food Safety Program, Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives.
- Hazard Analysis and HACCP Validation. Presented by the Guelph Food Technology Centre.
- Developing Microbial Sampling Plans. Presented by the Guelph Food Technology Centre.
- Food Safety and Sanitation Training Program. Presented by Ecolab, Inc.
- Water Safety for Food Processors. Presented by Manitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Initiatives.
- Listeria Workshop. Presented by the Guelph Food Technology Centre.
- Food Handler Training Certificate. The City of Winnipeg.
- Environmental Monitoring and Microbiology. Presented by NSF-GFTC.