CFIA Requests Canadian Food Businesses Enroll in My CFIA

Category: Uncategorized

The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is asking businesses to sign up for their online service, My CFIA. By creating an account, businesses can manage and track all their service requests online including for licences, permits, registrations or export certificates.

With regards to licenses, the CFIA is reminding Canadian food businesses that they may need a licence to import, export or send food across provincial and territorial borders when the new Safe Food for Canadians Regulations come into force on January 15, 2019. More information on the new regulations can be found on the CFIA website.